Sunday 4 January 2009

Gin and Tonic

Some delicious things in Japan:

I am enjoying the realest Gin and Tonic. No more the horrible sugar filled Schweppes Tonic to accompany the Gin. We have Japanese real Tonic. And it tastes real, no sugar-substitute after taste, just plain tonic.

I have discovered why Gin and Tonic became a drink.

090226
I found its cheaper to buy alcohol in bulk than to keep running down to the supermarket every time we run out of sake. As the lack of alcohol at home seems to definitely motivate trips to the supermarket which instigates spending of other sorts. This bulk buying seems to be a savings on money and on effort carrying all those bottles up. Today's trip was bigger than normal as I found they also sell mineral water. Nathan adds this to fruit juice to make an 'ade. I also chose 6 1.8l bottles of sake. AND I was tempted and didn't allow myself to think about it and bought 24 bottles of this fantastic tonic. In the back of my mind, I am thinking that I have to finish all of it before July when we are most likely to have to leave Japan. Can I achieve this? Should I have bought the accompanying Gin or Vodka as the beer will last till we leave? Will I have to throw a Gin and Tonic party? Perhaps in July, I shouldnt any earlier.

I think this would be one thing I will miss from Japan.

No comments: