Tuesday 10 February 2009

Jamie Oliver

He's really famous and all, but his recipes make sense and tastes good. I make my roast chicken to his recipe (almost) and the others have the spice that needs to be in all bland western cooking. Now he's started Ministry of Food and the website has lots of simple easy recipes the world should know. These recipes, and more have been circulated in a soft copy book form everyone should have read by now. Now its on the web.

I like that the recipe book of his I own has lots of vegetable recipes (although the veges he uses are not in season where I live) and has recipes for lamb and chicken, pork and rabbit but not beef. I wonder why?

Whats wrong with beef? Well, I feel uncomfortable cooking beef - I never know what it will taste like! And it always has a different taste. Almost always depending on which supermarket and how much I pay for it. What affects the taste? What the animal is fed or what breed of cattle it is? American Beef is not always safe - the Japanese have banned American Beef less than 3 years old.

No comments: