Monday 2 February 2009

Dharm's Murgh Marsala Chicken

I first tried this most delicious zesty chicken at my Dharm's house. I finally got the recipe from his blog and have been cooking it at least 10 times a year for the family. It is a guarantee to eat food at home especially with Jun the fussy 5 year old. I am back dating this post to when I first tried it and being close to my description of dinner at Dharms in 2008.

Dharm's Murgh Marsala Chicken recipe is here.

When I make it, I make it as easy as I can. I do cut corners. Firstly, I mix yoghurt, curry powder and chilli powder without the ginger and garlic to marinade the think slices of chicken breast. Chicken breast cooks quickly so I don't have to 'wait till the sauce thickens'

While the chicken marinades on the bench top, I chop the onion and immediately start frying it. with cardamons and mustard seed. I chop lots of garlic and ginger and slice a tomato and some green chilli's. Dried chilli's do when I don't have green ones, I feel it adds to the freshness of the dish. If they are in the fridge sometimes I add kafir lime leaves at this point. When the onions are soft, I add the ginger and garlic, after it is cooking well, I add the tomatoes. I wait for the tomatoes to cook down and add the marinaded chicken.

It is almost finished, just waiting for the chicken to cook and the sauce to thicken. Some coriander leaves or parsley is chopped to add to the chicken to finish cooking. I add this in the pan so the coriander melds into the chicken dish. Then serve.

Serve with rice.

The kids love it.

No comments: