Sunday 7 September 2008

Hamburgers






When I mentioned to Andrew about the hamburgers in Tokyo, I didnt realise how big a selling point it is to visit Tokyo. Especially for all those who dont like fish, therefore wont appreciate sushi, sashimi and perhaps tempura too.




When we take the dogs to the largest off the lead area, Yoyogi Park, it always ends with Lunch at Burger Arms. It was recommended by another IG owner and its extremely dog friendly. We can sit in the restaurant with the dogs on the floor!


We had always enjoyed the Freshness Burger fast food chain. Then we discovered this subculture of homemade burger restaurants. Being an American influence this subculture is regularly monitored on our local english lang magazine Read it - its fascinating and delicious.


"For Japanese people, hanbaagu and hamburgers are totally different. Hamburger is a type of fast food, whereas hanbaagu is a meal. I’d love for hamburgers to be thought of as a meal in Japan, so I envy the position hanbaagu has in the minds of Japanese people."

2 comments:

Dharm said...

Those burgers are HUGE!! I'm hungry now waiting for Lina and the kids to come home and I wish I had one of those....

Naomi said...

Actually they are small. Its just the right size to put your hands around them.