Thursday 1 August 2019

Taiwanese tomato omelette


I have tended to make this dish using the same method as magic eggs. I have tended to be disappointed with the result as the tomato dilutes the taste of the omelette and chilli. In fact I mentioned this to the lady with the stroke. She said she loved tomato omelet and wanted to make it that day. And Oh! it was a different recipe. 

Slice the tomatoes into 8 wedges.
So beat 3 eggs.
Heat some oil.
When it is piping hot, add the eggs. Swirl the pan, but don't mix the eggs. I think we are looking for the bottom to be well cooked and a little brown. It gives the flavour. 
When it is almost cooked through turn the eggs/omelette over. 
Add the tomato wedges and stir, breaking up the egg.
Add soy sauce for flavour. 
Add chopped spring onions


I haven't tasted it yet. 

No comments: