Friday 6 March 2009

Ho ho ho, Shirokanedai

No, I am not laughing at Shirokanedai. Its a very civilised place. There is a new Vietnamese restaurant next to the Barkery. The Barkery is a shop for dogs, and they bake and sell their own dog biscuits. A bakery for dogs. But I am sure they make more money from the other stuff the sell - dog bags, royal canin, cushions, you get the drift?

This vietnamese restaurant serves pho, (YEAH!!!), spring rolls and a Vietnamese roll (for 1050Yen I bet, it sells for $2.50 in Melbourne). I LOVE the Vietnamese roll, even though people have had salmonella poisoning from it. It is THE most delicious sandwich - liver pate, grilled chicken, coriander leaves, fresh red chilli, avocado perhaps, grated cucumber and carrot salad. As an Asian salad should taste.

Stephen and I went there for lunch and it was too cold and rainy outside to have anything but pho. It was delicious! A simple broth with rice noodles and lots of herbs. It just clears the world away and renews you. Will be our new haunt, I bet.

No comments: